P90X Frequently Asked Questions | P90X FAQs
P90X Frequently Asked Questions | P90X FAQs
So you have some questions about P90X? Here you will find some of the top questions that I hear on a regular basis. There is also a lot of P90X information on this blog about my personal journey with P90X and after.
1. Q: I am not in great shape, can I do P90X? A: You should at least have some sore of base before attempting P90X. If you haven’t work out in 10 years I would not recommend starting here since you will probably get frustrated. Power 90 is a great place to start which leads up to P90X.
2. Q: I can’t do any pull ups, can I still do P90X? A: Yes, Tony Horton shows you how to do modified pull ups with a chair until you have the strength to do full pull ups. You could also use the resistance bands.
3: Q: How much space do I need to do P90X? A: P90X can be done in a bedroom if need be so you do not need too much space.
4. Q: Beside ordering P90X, what other equipment will I need, if any? A: You will need some dumbbells or resistance bands, a pull up bar(unless using the bands from a door), a mat(or a carpeted area for Yoga X and and a few floor exercises), will and desire to get in the best shape of your life and the ability to change your eating habits.
6. Q: Will I be sore from p90X? A: Most likely yes, I was in pretty good shape when I started P90X but I still got sore. You will probably be doing a lot of movements that you have never done before.
7. Q: How much weight can I lose? A: Everyone is different and P90X is not a weight loss program but it will burn fat and build muscle which is key in weight loss. Depending on how hard you work your results will vary. I am in the best shape of my life because of P90X.
8: Q: What if I don’t like it? A: Simple, Beachbody has a money back guarantee on every product available. You can return it for a full refund, less shipping.
9. Q: Does P90X come with a menu guide? A: Yes, P90X comes with a detailed P90X nutrition plan to help maximize your results.
11. Q: Is P90X for women? A: Absolutely, women have great results with P90X.
12. Q: I have had injuries, can I do P90x? A: Always consult with your doctor before starting any exercise plan. Then, I recommend that if something hurts you, that you don’t do that exercise. I had back surgery about 7 years ago and I still do P90X. I skip only 3 moves out of 12 DVD’s. You can read more about it at P90X and back pain. Over all gains helped my body to resist injury since you are working every muscle head to toe.
13. Q: Is P90X found in stores? A: No.
14. Q: Are there coupons for P90X? A: No, but you can save 25% by becoming a Beachbody coach.
15. Q: Is P90X high impact? A: I would say no, but P90X Plyometrics is jump training so you will be leaving the ground. There are modified moves for those who want even lower impact.
16. Q: Can I download P90X? A: No ….but you can get the P90X iPhone app
17. Q: Do I have to do P90X Yoga X? A: Steve Edwards says. “When a form of exercise has had over 3,000 years to evolve, it tends to be highly effective. It increases strength, balance, and flexibility in a way that no other exercise can. A lot of people write in to ask if they can replace it with stretching, but it’s just not the same thing. Stretching does little, if anything, for strength and balance. I know yoga can be hard, but if you stick it out, it’ll pay off. If you don’t believe me, here’s what Kareem Abdul-Jabbar told Time magazine about the longevity of his basketball career: “My friends and teammates think I made a deal with the devil. But it was yoga that made my training complete. There is no way I could have played as long as I did without yoga.”
18. Q: Can I run while doing P90X? A: This is a post in itself but I would say yes and I know people that do, just not on plyo or P90X legs and back day.
19. Q: Will P90X help with baseball? A: I feel P90X will enhance any sport you perform.
33. P90X sorness
35. Can I do P90X?
Have more questions? Just leave a comment and I will reply or send me an email. If you would rather call, feel free.
Update: And now, as of spring 2015, you can now stream P90X, P90X2, P90X3, Insanity or many of the Beachbody workouts right to your tablet, phone, computer, Roku, Amazon Firestick or any internet connected device. You also have access to all of the Nutrition Guides and Workout Guides. We’re so confident in the value our streaming provides that you can try if FREE for 30 days. So not sure if you want to do P90X2 or P90X3? Try them both out and go from there. All you have to do is go to Beachbody On Demand to start your FREE trial.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!